WW CROCK POT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
For the Chicken Stew:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
For the Dumplings:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place the chicken breasts in the Crock-Pot.
- Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in the chicken broth and water.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- About 30 minutes before the cooking time is up, shred the cooked chicken using two forks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt for the dumplings.
- Gradually stir in the skim milk until a soft dough forms. Be careful not to overmix.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dumpling dough onto the simmering chicken stew. Cover and cook for another 20-30 minutes until the dumplings are cooked through.
- About 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, stir in the frozen peas.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley over the top before serving.