A homemade keto ravioli recipe. An easy tutorial for how to make keto ravioli dough plus a delicious and strong filling that will satisfy your pasta cravings. Low carb, gluten grain and sugar free.
- 3/4 cup (75g) almond flour
- 1 scoop (30g) whey isolate
- 2 tbsp (10g) psyllium husk
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup (100g) raw spinach
- 1 stalk green onion – chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1.5 cups (150g) cheese of your choice (I used blue, but ricotta also works)
- On a stove over medium high heat, saute the spinach until it wilts and reduces in size by half.
- Use scissors or a knife to cut the spinach up into smaller pieces.
- Add in the green onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder and blue cheese.
- Lower the heat to medium low and cook until the cheese has melted. Stir all together.
- Take off heat and let it cool.
- While the filling cools, whisk together the almond flour, whey isolate, psyllium husk and xanthan gum in a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the olive oil, egg and water.
- Stir until it forms a crumbly dough, then start to knead with your hands until all the dough is incorporated.
- It will become sticky, so let the dough sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Split the dough in half.
- Take one section and place it between two pieces of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll it 1/8” inch thin. If it becomes semi transparent, it will be tougher to work with so make sure it’s thick enough to pick up without tearing.
- Cut two even strips of dough.
- Place several small spoonfuls of the filling on to one of the strips.
- Gently lift the other strip and place it top of the other (the one with the filling) and press down around the filling so it forms a bubble of filling.
- Make sure that both strips of dough are pressed together enough so that it won’t fall apart in the water..
- Cut around each filling bubble to make a square.
- Continue to make ravioli with the rest of the dough.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil on high heat.
- Drop in your ravioli, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Top with your favourite sauce and enjoy!
This makes roughly 15 large ravioli or 30 small ravioli.
Nutritional information (per large ravioli)
- CALS: 87
- FAT: 6.4
- CARBS: 2.3
- FIBRE: 1.6
- NET CARBS: 0.7
- PROTEIN: 5.5
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 87TOTAL FAT: 6.4gCARBOHYDRATES: 2.3gFIBER: 1.6gPROTEIN: 5.5g
Leave a Reply