PREP TIME: 30 minsCOOK TIME: 50 minsTOTAL TIME: 1 hr 20 minsSERVINGS: 12 servings
- 4 large zucchini
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan regianno
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- small handful fresh parsley and basil , chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit (200 degrees celsius).
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise into thin slices, as thin or thick as you’d like. Set aside.
- Add the ground beef to a large pan over medium high heat. Finely break down the ground beef with a spatula and pan fry it until browned and no longer pink.
- Pour the pasta sauce on top of the ground beef (remember to reserve 1/2 cup) and stir together, then remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, make the ricotta mix by stirring together the ricotta cheese, parmesan, egg, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup of pasta sauce onto the bottom of your 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Add your zucchini slices on top of the pasta sauce. They can overlap or you can place them side-by-side.
- Top the zucchini with 1/2 of the bolognese sauce, and evenly spread 1/2 the ricotta mix on top of that.
- Add 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella on top of the ricotta, along with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and basil.
- Repeat these layers one more time.
- Top the lasagna with a final layer of zucchini slices, a sprinkle of chopped parsley and basil, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Place the lasagna in the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes. Broil for a couple of minutes to get a nice golden top.
- Garnish with whole basil leaves and serve.
CALORIES: 362kcal, CARBOHYDRATES: 7g, PROTEIN: 25g, FAT: 26g, SATURATED FAT: 12g, CHOLESTEROL: 104mg, SODIUM: 603mg, POTASSIUM: 626mg, FIBER: 2g, SUGAR: 4g, VITAMIN A: 720iu, VITAMIN C: 16mg, CALCIUM: 270mg, IRON: 3mg