Vegan Butter Cookies
Prep Time 20minutes minutes
Cook Time 25minutes minutes
Total Time 45minutes minutes
Vegan Chocolate Dipped Cookies
- 1 1/2 block (172g / 12 tbsp) vegan butter (Earth Balance) softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (56g) powdered sugar sifted
- 1 cup (150g) unbleached all purpose flour sifted
- 2 tbsp (18g) corn starch sifted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract (or substitute for an extra tsp of vanilla)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened plain plant milk (I used soy)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bar (113g) German’s Sweet Chocolate (I used Baker’s 48% cacao)
- sprinkles for decoration
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter with a headstand mixer or an electric hand mixer until light and airy.
- Add the vanilla and almond extract, milk, and sifted powdered sugar to the butter and beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sifted flour, corn starch, and salt to the butter mixture and beat until well combined. The cookie dough should be airy and firm, like a butter cream frosting.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Assemble your piping bag with a nozzle of your choice and fill it with the cookie dough. Pipe 1″-1 1/2″ in diameter cookies on the tray, leaving some space between them. If you don’t have a piping bag or nozzle, you can chill the dough for 30 minutes and use a small cookie scoop to shape the cookies.
- Freeze the piped cookies for 20 minutes while preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes or until golden on the edges. Let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Break the chocolate bar into small pieces and melt them in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every minute until smooth and velvety.
- Dip each cookie halfway into the melted chocolate and place them back on the wire rack. Sprinkle some decorations on top if desired. Let the chocolate set at room temperature or in the fridge before enjoying.
I hope this simplified recipe helps you make some delicious vegan chocolate dipped cookies for your grandma. They are crispy, buttery, and chocolatey, perfect for any occasion.