PREP: 20 minutes
COOK: 35 minutes
TOTAL: 55 minutes
* 1 medium Spaghetti squash
* 4 tsp Olive oil (divided)
* Sea salt
* 1 tbsp Olive oil (divided)
* 2 cloves Garlic
* 1/2 lb Ground beef
* 1/2 tsp Sea salt
* 1/8 tsp Black pepper
* 1/2 cup Marinara sauce
* 1 tsp Italian seasoning
* (whole milk or 2%) 2/3 cup Ricotta cheese
* 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
* 1 tbsp Olive oil
* Sea salt
* (shredded, divided) 2/3 cup Mozzarella cheese
According to the instructions here, cook the spaghetti squash at 425 degrees F in the oven.
1. Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and for about THIRTY seconds, cook, until it gets fragrant. Add the ground beef. With black pepper and sea salt, season. Breaking apart the meat with a spoon/spatula, cook until browned (about TEN minutes).
1. Stir in Italian seasoning and marinara sauce. To a gentle simmer, reduce heat. For about TEN minutes, simmer. Before the squash is ready, if it’s done, cover to keep warm.
RICOTTA PARMESAN CHEESE LAYER
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together a tablespoon of olive oil, parmesan cheese, and ricotta cheese. Put it aside.
1. Take it out of the oven, when the spaghetti squash is done cooking, but at 425 degrees F, leave it on.
1. Cut the squash in (if you cooked it whole and it is not cut yet)half lengthwise. Onto the baking pan, place open side up and to release strands, use a fork.
1. Into the large bowl, with the ricotta and parmesan cheeses, transfer the spaghetti squash strands. Mix together. Season with sea salt.
1. Stuff the spaghetti squash mixture back into the baking pan into the empty shells. Top with the beef marinara mixture. On top, sprinkle shredded mozzarella. (I usually keep it simple with just one of each layer, but if desired, you can create several thinner layers of each mixture.)
1. For about TEN minutes, return the lasagna spaghetti squash boats to the oven, until the cheese melts.
Amount per serving.
Serving size in recipe notes above.