Once you learn how to saute eggplant, you’ll pair it with everything! This sauteed eggplant recipe is perfectly caramelized and takes just 20 minutes.
PREP: 5 minutes
COOK: 15 minutes
TOTAL: 20 minutes
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
- 1 medium Eggplant (~1 lb, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive oil (more as needed)
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Slice the eggplant crosswise to make circles, about 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick. Cut off the leafy end only after you are done slicing, so that you’ll have more to grab onto as you slice. If the slices are damp, pat them dry.
- Sprinkle the eggplant slices on both sides with garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-low to medium heat. Working in batches, add the eggplant slices in a single layer. Saute eggplant for 3-6 minutes per side, until soft, browned, and caramelized on both sides. Repeat with the remaining eggplant slices, adding about 1-2 tablespoons of oil per batch.
Serving size: 4-5 slices, or 1/4 entire recipe
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.