prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
Keto Jalapeño Popper Burgers are the ultimate low carb dinner! Juicy burgers are loaded with creamy jalapeño popper filling and served on crispy chaffle buns!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Burgers
- 80/20 Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Jalapeno Popper Filling
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
For the Chaffle Buns
- Combine the eggs, shredded cheese, almond flour, baking powder in a mixing bowl until a thick batter forms.
- Heat a mini waffle maker according to the directions. Pour the batter in the waffle maker (a scant 1/4 cup) be sure not to overfill (recipe makes 6 waffles).
- Cook the waffles about 3 minutes, or until steam stops emitting.
For the Jalapeno Popper Filling
- Combine the cream cheese, chopped jalapeno and shredded cheese. Divide the filling into three equal portions and set aside.
For the Burgers
- Combine the ground beef, sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and combine with your hands, being sure that you really work in the seasonings evenly.
- Split the mixture into 6 equal, thin patties about 1/4 inch thick. Spread the filling over the center of one burger patty, top it with the other patty and press the edges to seal.
- Season the outside of the burger with salt and pepper.
How to grill a burger:
Heat a grill to high heat (400 degrees F). Place the prepared burger patties directly on clean, preheated grill grates.
Cook 4 minutes, flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes. Check the patty for your desired doneness, and remove from the grill.
How to cook a burger in a cast iron skillet:
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When the skillet is hot add 1 tablespoon salted butter and tilt the pan so the butter covers the bottom of the pan.
Add the prepared patties to the pan and cook 3-4 minutes, flip when the burger is nicely browned on the bottom. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes until it has reached your desired tenderness.
Air Fryer Burgers
Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees. Add the burger patties to the preheated air fryer and fry 5 minutes, flip and fry an additional 5-6 minutes.
YIELD: 3 SERVING SIZE: 1 Burger
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 682TOTAL FAT: 48gCHOLESTEROL: 307mgSODIUM: 869mgCARBOHYDRATES: 7.6gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 6.9gFIBER: 0.7gSUGAR: 2.6gPROTEIN: 39g
© Annie Holmes
CUISINE: Keto /