This incredible keto crab rangoon recipe features a healthy almond flour wonton wrapper, a creamy low carb crab rangoon filling, and sweet & sour sauce for dipping. Prep: 30 minutes Cook: 15 minutes Chilling Time 20 minutes Total: 45 minutes
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
- 1/2 cup La Terra Fina Sriracha 3-Cheese Dip
- 3 tbsp Green onions (sliced)
- 2 tsp Coconut aminos
- 3 oz Lump crab meat
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 1/2 cup Blanched almond flour
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup Avocado oil
SWEET & SOUR SAUCE (OPTIONAL):
- 1/2 cup Sugar-free ketchup
- 2 tbsp Coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt (to taste)
- 1/8 tsp Xanthan gum
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
MAKE KETO WONTON DOUGH:
- Make the dough for the wrappers. In a food processor, pulse the almond flour and egg, until uniform.
- In a medium bowl in the microwave, or a double boiler on the stovetop, melt the mozzarella cheese, until smooth.
- Add the melted mozzarella to the food processor. Process until a uniform dough forms.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the dough. Process until well incorporated.
- If the keto wonton dough is sticky, form into a ball and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, or until no longer sticky.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the La Terra Fina dip, green onions and coconut aminos.
- Gently fold in the lump crab meat.
- Place the ball of dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Flatten into a disc, then roll out into a thin square, 1/8 inch thick and about 12.5 inches on each side.
- Use a pizza wheel or knife to cut the rectangle into a grid of squares, 5 top to bottom and 5 across, so that each square is about 2.5×2.5 inches.
- Use an extra small cookie scoop like this to scoop filling in rows onto each square, off center, leaving an empty border along the edge of the rectangle and also between pieces. Fold the corner of each square over the opposite corner and seal the edges, forming a triangle. Repeat with all the crab rangoon pieces.
COOK CRAB RANGOON:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until shimmering.
- Working in batches, add the crab rangoon in a single layer without touching. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden on the bottom. Flip and repeat on the other side. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Repeat with the remaining pieces.
SWEET & SOUR SAUCE:
- In a small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, until thickened.
Serving size: ~3 pieces + 2 tbsp sauce
Nutrition info includes half of the oil used for frying, because half of it is left behind in the pan and not consumed. Sauce is included. Wontons alone have 1.7g net carbs each, or 5.2g per serving of 3 pieces.
Nutrition Facts Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above. Calories 350 Fat 25.9g Protein 20.1g Total Carbs 10.2g Net Carbs 7.6g Fiber 2.6g Sugar 3.8g