Such a quick and easy treat to make! KETO BLUEBERRY LEMON SCONES (GLUTEN-FREE) are perfect to serve with a cup of coffee or tea for breakfast or brunch.
Made in under Thirty minutes and the sweet blueberries give them great flavor! Over the tops, drizzle a quick and easy lemon glaze and it just takes them to the next level!
For the Scones
- ▢2 cups Almond Flour
- ▢⅔ cup fresh blueberries
- ▢⅓ cup Swerve Confectioners
- ▢½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ▢¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ▢¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ▢One tablespoon lemon zest
- ▢1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ▢1 large egg
For the Glaze
- ▢¼ cup Swerve confectioners
- ▢1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ▢1-2 teaspoons heavy cream,
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a sheet(baking) with Parchment Paper.
- Take a bowl(medium) and combine the sea salt, Swerve (or erythritol), baking powder, and almond flour. Take a bowl(small) and whisk together the egg, lemon zest, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Into the almond flour mixture, stir the wet mixture, until a uniform dough forms, pressing with a spoon or spatula. The dough should be pliable and dense, but if it’s too dry and not crumbly add a little more butter, a teaspoon at a time. Into the dough, stir and press the blueberries.
- Onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper place the dough and form a disc shape(inch thick and 6 inches in diameter). Cut into EIGHT wedges. About 1 inch apart, move the pieces.
- Until it gets golden, bake for 18 to 22 minutes. To firm up, cool completely on the pan. If you move them before cooling, scones will fall apart.
- Mix the ¼ cup of Swerve, lemon juice and start with 1 teaspoon of the heavy cream, to get the right consistency for the glaze, adding more as needed. Drizzle over the tops .
- Serve & Enjoy!.
Keto Blueberry Lemon Scones (Gluten-Free)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 218Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g31%
Leave a Reply