- 2 zucchini, sliced into 16 very thin strips (see photos in post)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 8 thick slices
- olive oil for brushing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by slicing the zucchini into very thin strips. I achieved this by using this handheld mandolin slicer on the second setting. Place the zucchini strips on a clean dish towel, covering them, and firmly press down to help remove any moisture.
- Place two zucchini strips in an X formation with a thick slice of fresh mozzarella. Fold the zucchini strips over the cheese and secure with a toothpick. Place the wraps in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- When ready to cook, preheat a grill to high heat (400 degrees F). Brush the zucchini wraps with olive oil and season each side liberally with salt and pepper. Grill the zucchini 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with warm marinara, pesto, or your favorite balsamic reduction.
YIELD: 8 Zucchini Wraps SERVING SIZE: Nutrition Calculated Per Wrap
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 101TOTAL FAT: 8.1gCHOLESTEROL: 22.4mgSODIUM: 323mgCARBOHYDRATES: 0.7gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 0.7gFIBER: 0gSUGAR: 0.3gPROTEIN: 6.4g