Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese low moisture
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup keto pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Lightly grease a pizza pan or baking sheet and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the almond flour ensuring there are no clumps. In a microwave-safe bowl, add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese and microwave in 20-second spurts until mostly melted. Whisk the cheeses together, then add the almond flour, then the eggs. Mix together until a sticky dough remains.
- On a flat surface, place a large piece of parchment paper. Transfer the pizza dough on top of it. Place a second piece of parchment paper over it. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until a half inch in thickness. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and use your hands to shape the dough into a pizza shape and smooth out the crust.
- Place the pizza dough onto the pizza pan and bake for 12 minutes, until firm.
- Remove the crust from the oven. Top with the pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings. Lightly brush the sides with olive oil and place back in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden around the edges and the cheese has melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and slice and serve.
TO STORE: Leftover pizza can be stored in the refrigerator, covered. It will keep well for up to 1 week.
TO FREEZE: Place slices of the pizza in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
REHEATING: Either microwave the slices for 30 seconds, use a preheated oven (180C/350F) or even toast them up in a non-stick pan.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 17g | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 23mg | Fiber: 4g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 2mg | NET CARBS: 2g