Cabbage and sausage is a classic pairing that’s enhanced with a simple spice blend. Make this recipe tonight for an easy dinner in under 30 minutes
- ▢2 tbsp olive oil
- ▢1/2 lb fresh Italian pork sausages removed from the casings
- ▢1/2 onion chopped
- ▢1 small red bell pepper chopped
- ▢2 garlic cloves minced
- ▢1 tsp salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- ▢1/2 tsp onion powder
- ▢1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ▢1 tsp paprika
- ▢1/2 tsp oregano
- ▢1/2 tsp chili powder optional
- ▢1 small green cabbage thinly sliced
- ▢1/4 cup sugar-free tomato sauce
- ▢2 tbsp beef broth
- ▢1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- In a large pot add olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the sausage meat and cook for about 3 minutes. Then, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Season with salt, and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, and chili powder. Stir all well to combine.
- Add cabbage. Sauté for 5 minutes and stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is almost tender. Add tomato sauce and beef broth.
- Mix well to combine all the ingredients together. Close the pot with a lid. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Keep cooking for more 5 minutes.
- When the cabbage is very soft, it’s done. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy
Serving: 1/6 Calories: 294kcal (15%) Carbohydrates: 13g (4%) Protein: 13g (26%) Fat: 22g (34%) Saturated Fat: 7g (44%) Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 45mg (15%) Sodium: 533mg (23%) Potassium: 346mg (10%) Fiber: 6g (25%) Sugar: 5g (6%)