Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups (1 liter) vegetable broth, or use vegan chicken-style broth if available
- 1/3 cup (70 g) melted vegan butter or margarine
- Fresh bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Remove the bottom of the cauliflower and any leaves, but keep the head intact. Rinse it thoroughly and let it dry.
- Place the whole cauliflower in a saucepan and cover it with vegetable broth. Add fresh thyme and bay leaves. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Drain the head of cauliflower and transfer it to a cast iron skillet or any ovenproof skillet. Drizzle some of the cooking broth over the cauliflower, then sprinkle with the melted vegan butter. Season with fresh thyme and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the cauliflower. Baste it with cooking juices from time to time. Check its doneness with a knife; it should be tender and easily pierced.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with fresh thyme, and cut into slices. Serve with an extra drizzle of the vegan butter’s cooking juices.