Weight Watchers Mushroom and Lemon Chicken Recipe. This easy dinner is low carb, and packed with protein.
- 8×8-inch Glass Baking Dish
- Instant-read Thermometer
- Large Skillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chicken broth or more as needed
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- In an 8×8 inch glass baking dish, add olive oil. Tip dish back and forth to spread the oil and coat the bottom.
- In the prepared baking dish, add the chicken one at a time. Turn the chicken to coat with olive oil. Arrange the chicken in a single layer.
- Cut the lemon in half. Set aside one half of the lemon. Using the other half of lemon, using a sharp knife, slice the lemon into approximately ¼ to ½ inch thick slices. Try to get 6 slices if possible.Set aside for later.
- Taking the un-sliced half of the lemon, squeeze the juice on top of the chicken.
- Place a lemon slice on each of the 6 chicken breasts.
- In preheated oven, bake approximately 30 to 40 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked, no longer pink in the center, when pierced the juices run clear, and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken reads a minimum of 165° F.
For the Sauce:
- In the meantime, place a skillet over medium heat. Add butter, and melt.
- In the skillet, add mushrooms. Stir and cook approximately 6 minutes, or until the mushrooms brown and the liquid has evaporated.
- Sprinkle the all-purpose flour on top of the mushrooms. Stir to coat well.
- Pour in chicken broth, cook and stir until the sauce becomes creamy.
- Continue cooking, stirring often, and allow sauce to reduce. Add more chicken broth if it is not creamy enough.
- When the chicken is done, add parsley to the sauce, stir in, and remove from heat.
- Spoon the mushroom sauce over the chicken.
MyWW Points: 6 Green Plan6 WW Smart PointsYield: 6 servingsWe are not associated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Double check points on their official calculator.
Calories: 240.3kcalCarbohydrates: 5.2gProtein: 26.3gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 87.9mgSodium: 196.7mgPotassium: 348.4mgFiber: 1.3gSugar: 0.7gCalcium: 27.4mgIron: 1.3mg