Vegan Tres Leches Cake
Resting Time 10hours hrs
Total Time 2hours hrs
Servings: 10 Servings
- ▢1 ¼ cups Soy milk, unsweetened
- ▢2 teaspoons Apple cider vinegar
- ▢1 ¾ cups All-purpose flour
- ▢2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ▢½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ▢½ cup Sugar
- ▢¼ cup Vegetable oil
- ▢2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- ▢6 tablespoons Aquafaba
- ▢1 ½ cups Oatmilk, unsweetened
- ▢1 ½ cups Soy condensed milk (11.2 oz)
- ▢1 ½ cups Soy evaporated milk (11.2 oz)
- ▢2 cans Reddi-whip Coconut Whipped Topping
- ▢1 pint Strawberries, hulled and sliced
To make the cake
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8 x 13 ” baking pan with parchment paper, and spray lightly with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Mix to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add the milk-vinegar mixture to the bowl with the flour mixture, add the oil, and vanilla, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, pour in the aquafaba and using a stand mixer with the whiks attachementor a hand-held mixer whip at medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 4 minutes.
- Pour the whipped aquafaba into the bowl with the cake batter, and fold it in with a spatula until it has completely incorporated into the cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake in the middle rack of the oven, for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Let cake cool for 10 min, and remove from baking dish. Remove parchment paper and let cake cool completely on a rack.
To make the milk syrup
- In a bowl, combine the oatmilk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk. Whisk and set aside.
- Using a serrated knife, gently cut off the top of your cake. Place your cake inside of the baking dish and poke the surface of the cake with a fork. Be sure to press the fork all the way down through the cake.
- Start pouring the milk over the cake starting from the center. Contine pouring until the cake is soaked all over. There might be some liquid that hasn’t been absorbed on the sides of the cake, but that’s ok. Place in your fridge and let the cake soak overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve, top the cake with the coconut whipped topping and spread with a spatula. (Don’t add the whipped topping to the cake unless you’re ready to serve it.)
- Arrange the sliced strawberries on top of the whipped topping and serve.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 306mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 27.8mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1.7mg