Vegan Grilled Mexican Street Corn
This Vegan Grilled Mexican Street Corn aka Vegan Elote is one of the absolutely most mouthwatering summer recipes! Easy to make!
Prep Time 5minutes mins
Cook Time 12minutes mins
Total Time 17minutes mins
Course: Side Dish
Servings: 6 corns
- ▢6-8 ears fresh corn, husks left on or remove
- ▢½ cup vegan sour cream
- ▢½ cup vegan mayo
- ▢½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ▢1 clove garlic, minced
- ▢½ teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder, more to taste (sub with regular chili powder if needed)
- ▢2 teaspoon lime zest (1-2 limes)
- ▢2 tablespoon lime juice (1-2 limes)
- ▢¼ salt, more to taste
- ▢¼ cup dairy free butter, melted
- ▢½ cup vegan parmesan Cheese
- Grease clean grill grates (or use grill mats) and heat grill to 400 degrees F.
- While waiting, in a medium bowl, add sour cream, mayo, cilantro, garlic, chipotle chili powder, lime zest, lime juice and salt. Whisk together. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Place in fridge.
- Brush each ear of corn with dairy free butter (and the husk if left on). Add corn directly onto grill grates. Grill the corn for about 2 – 3 minutes per side (turning after kernels are golden brown and charring). Repeat on all 4 sides. Remove from grill.
- Brush or spoon on the mixture to the corn. Sprinkle with crumbled vegan parmesan cheese. Add more chipotle pepper, if desired. Serve immediately with extra lime wedges.
NOTE: Dairy Free Parmesan Cheese
Servings: 12 tablespoons Calories: 66kcal
- ▢1 cup raw cashews (or unsalted sunflower seeds if nut free)
- ▢3 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ▢¾ tsp course salt (reduce to ½ for sunflower seeds recipe)
- ▢¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ▢⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- In a food processor, combine all your ingredients.
- Pulse until fine crumble mixture forms. Do not over pulse or it will start becoming pasty.
- Remove from processor and place in an air tighter container in the fridge for up to 3 months.
- Use as needed.
VEGAN SOUR CREAM
Nutritional facts are just estimates.
Serving: 1ear of corn | Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 263mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 311IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg