Vegan Chickpea Salad Chaffle Sandwich:
For the Chickpea Salad:
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional, for extra zing)
For the Chaffle:
- 1 vegan egg replacer (like flaxseed or chickpea flour mixed with water)
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond flour
- Cracked black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste
- Everything But The Bagel seasoning (ensure it’s vegan)
- 2 heaping tablespoons vegan shredded cheddar cheese (for a crispy outer layer)
For the Vegan Chickpea Salad:
- In a bowl, mash the drained chickpeas with a fork or potato masher. You can leave some chickpeas partially intact for texture.
- Add vegan mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, chopped red onion, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, dried parsley, salt, and black pepper to the mashed chickpeas. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- If you like a tangy flavor, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
For the Vegan Chaffle:
- In a separate bowl, prepare your vegan egg replacer according to the package instructions.
- Add vegan shredded mozzarella cheese, almond flour, cracked black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to the vegan egg mixture. Stir until it forms a batter.
- Preheat your mini waffle maker and sprinkle some Everything But The Bagel seasoning on the bottom waffle plate.
- Spoon half of the chaffle batter onto the waffle maker, spread it evenly, and then sprinkle vegan shredded cheddar cheese on top. Close the waffle maker and cook until the chaffle is crispy and golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make the second chaffle.
Assemble the Vegan Chickpea Salad Chaffle Sandwich:
- Place one chaffle on a plate.
- Spoon a generous amount of the vegan chickpea salad onto the chaffle.
- Top with the second chaffle to create a sandwich.
- Serve your delicious Vegan Chickpea Salad Chaffle Sandwich and enjoy!