Vegan Cabbage Fritters
- 2 cups of raw white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds mixed with 6 tbsp of water (this is a vegan egg substitute)
- 2 tbsp of vegan sour cream (you can use store-bought or make your own with silken tofu, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, and sugar)
- 4 tbsp of almond flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp of pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp of fresh dill, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp of green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- Rinse the cabbage and remove the top leaves. Chop the cabbage finely using a food processor or a knife.
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt to the cabbage and massage it well with your hands. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then squeeze out the excess juice if any.
- Add the grated carrot to the cabbage and mix well.
- Add the flax eggs, vegan sour cream, baking soda, baking powder, almond flour, salt, and pepper to the cabbage mixture and stir until well combined.
- If desired, add the green onion, garlic, and dill for extra flavor.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/392°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop a tablespoon of batter onto the prepared sheet and flatten it slightly. Repeat with the remaining batter, leaving some space between each fritter.
- Bake the fritters for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and crisp, flipping them halfway through.
- Serve the fritters with vegan sour cream or your favorite sauce. Enjoy your delicious and crunchy vegan cabbage fritters!