The Best Low Carb Chicken Pizza Crust is also the easiest to make, store and reheat!
Guys. I think it’s safe to say I found a new love.
If you know me at all, you know that Pizza, has been my best friend since day one. I was thrilled to find Fat Head Pizza because it really cut the carbs without sacrificing delicious flavor, but I still wasn’t satisfied because after a while I found it greasy and heavy feeling.
- 1 pound ground chicken thigh (more flavor/fat than ground chicken breast)
- ½-¾ cup grated (powdered) Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan or Mozzarella
- ¼ cup frozen spinach (optional)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In large bowl mix ground chicken thigh, cheese and seasoning
- Thaw spinach and remove excess water with paper towel or cheesecloth, add to mixture
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and press chicken mixture into even thin layer
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with desired toppings ( I used red onion, cilantro, chicken, bacon and sugar free bbq sauce!)
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and brown
If using ground chicken breast, reduce cooking temperature to 375 and reduce cooking time to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Add additional time after toppings until cheese is melted and golden, being careful not to overcook.
Once pizza cools a bit, it can be picked up like regular crust
If mixture seems too wet, add more grated parmesan. I used freshly ground chicken thigh so there was less moisture. If you’re using a roll of chicken, it could be more wet and need extra cheese
Personalize it with your favorite toppings and seasonings in the crust as well
Separate into 4-6 and freeze chicken crust (no toppings) individually for quick meal
Please note that I am not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information that is discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates based on NET carbs for the crust only. If nutrition is important to you, I highly encourage you to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.
- Serving Size: ¼ Pizza
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 27