These cheesy breadsticks are a low carb alternative to regular breadsticks.
Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 23 minutesTotal Time: 43 minutesServings: 10 pieces
- 2 cups cooked & chopped spaghetti squash
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 3 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop cooked spaghetti squash so that pieces are no more than 1 inch long. Measure out 2 cups. Save the rest of your spaghetti squash for another recipe.
- Using a tea towel or several sturdy paper towels, work in small batches to wring dry the spaghetti squash. When you are finished, you should have about 1 cup of spaghetti squash remaining.
- Add spaghetti squash, egg, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, and almond flour to a large mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Dump squash mixture onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread out the batter so that it forms an oval that is approximately 9 inches long and ¼ inch thick.
- Bake in oven about 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and the surface is dry to the touch. Remove from oven and carefully flip over. Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese across the surface.
- Lower oven temperature to 425°F. Bake for about 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and starts to blister. Sprinkle parsley over breadsticks. Slice and serve.
- I used this Instant Pot method for cooking the squash, which you can read more about here. If you prefer oven or microwave, I provide more description here.
- If you do not need to keep the recipe low carb, you can replace almond flour with 3 tbsp all purpose flour.
Serving: 1breadstick | Calories: 62kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 101mg| Potassium: 31mg | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 0.3mg| Net Carbs: 2g |