With a buttery crust and a creamy and savory filling, everyone in the family will be asking for this one-skillet chicken pot pie. This recipe is beyond simple. With the help of one skillet, frozen veggies, and a rotisserie chicken I have cut the time for preparation in HALF. Plus fewer dirty dishes for the parents to wash, which is an even bigger win! And what’s even better – it comes in at only 6 Net Carbs per serving!
We all crave that comfort food and now with this simple keto dinner recipe, you can have that comfort and not feel guilty eating all those carbs.
- If you cannot purchase a rotisserie chicken, you can easily dice up 2 chicken breast and cook in the cast iron beforehand and set aside.
- My love for Cast Iron Skillets is real. This skillet is a perfect size to serve a family of 4.
- Best served hot and fresh out of the oven.
- If your feeling adventurous, try adding spinach or mushrooms. For this pot pie, I just kept it classic but you can create your own.
- ONLY 6 Net Carbs per serving
Note, if you’d like to lower the carb count even further, don’t use a frozen bag of carrots and peas like I did (as those are higher carb veggies), and instead sub with lower-carb veggies like cauliflower rice, spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers, and/or broccoli.
ONE SKILLET KETO CHICKEN POT PIE
yield: 10 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 40 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
The one and only classic Chicken Pot Pie now keto style!
- 3 tablespoons Grass-Fed Butter
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 chopped Celery Stalks
- 1 cup Organic Chicken Stock
- 1 10oz bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2.In a large cast-iron skillet, add butter, onions, garlic, and celery. Sautee until onions have caramelized.
3.Pour chicken broth into skillet and let simmer for 15 mins.
4.Add parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, and bag of frozen vegetables, then gently stir. This will simmer for 5 minutes.
5.On low heat slowly add in heavy whipping cream and stir.
6.Toss in diced chicken and shredded cheese. Stir all together and let simmer for 10 minutes to get the filling to thicken.
7.While the filling is simmering, you can quickly make the buttery crust. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt together mozzarella cheese and cream cheese.
8.Add the remaining ingredients (EXCEPT for the melted butter) to the melted cheeses and mix together.
9.Roll out dough large enough to cover cast-iron skillet and place over the top of your filling. Cut a few slices in the middle to allow air to escape while baking.
10.Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
11.Serve and Enjoy
If you love this recipe, try out our Easy Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Yield: 10, Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: 384.1 Calories | 28.9g Fat | 9.5g Total Carbs | 3.3g Fiber | 0.1g Sugar Alcohol | 22.1g Protein | 6.1g Net Carbs