Serving Size 1 chicken thigh
- Prep 10 mins
- 🔥 Cook 20 mins
- ⏱ Total 30 mins
- 🍽 Yield 4 servings
- 4 large boneless-skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter separated
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped basil plus more for garnish
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a large cast iron skillet to high heat. When the skillet is very hot, place chicken thighs into the pan.
- Brown the first side for 5-6 minutes. Flip the chicken, turn the heat down to medium and cook the chicken for an additional 8-10 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Turn the heat down to low. Add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter, minced garlic, red pepper flakes and basil to the skillet. Stir together until garlic is fragrant and butter is melted.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet and sprinkle 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese over each one. Using a spoon, spoon the butter sauce over each chicken thigh for about 1-2 minutes to coat the tops of the chicken thighs.
- Place the chicken on a serving platter and pour the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with fresh basil.
One Skillet Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Amount Per Serving (1 chicken thigh)
Calories 308Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Carbs 2g
Net Carbs 1g