yield: 16 SAUSAGE ROLLS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
These low carb sausage rolls are my version of the classic British snack! Keto, gluten free and LCHF recipe with less than 1g net carb per sausage roll!
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lb raw ground pork sausage meat
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- To make the dough, place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, then cook for another 30 seconds. Add the almond flour, beaten egg, salt and pepper, and stir well.
- When everything is fully combined, leave to cool slightly, then knead it with your hands to form a smooth dough. Roll it out into a rectangle and slice it into two sections horizontally.
- Season the ground pork generously with salt and pepper, and divide the mixture between the two lengths of dough, placing the meat in the middle.
- Roll the dough around the meat, pinching the join of the dough together with your fingers. Turn it over and cut each log into 8 pieces. Slash the top of each one twice.
- Place the sausage rolls on a baking sheet and roast for around 15 minutes, or until the center of the pork has reached at least 160F.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, and drain on paper towels if necessary. Serve warm.
3g net carbs per serving of four sausage rolls.