These low carb onion rings have a great crunch and texture and are perfect for gatherings!
total time30 minutes
calories per serving211kcal
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
- ▢1 medium white onion
- ▢1/2 cup Coconut flour
- ▢2 large eggs
- ▢1 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- ▢2 oz Pork Rinds
- ▢1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
US Customary – Metric
- Slice onion width wise in half inch thick rings.
- Break apart rings and set aside all the inside pieces you won’t be usingUse three different bowls to make a coconut flour, egg wash and heavy whipping cream, and pork rind parmesan coating stations.
- Starting with coconut flour go through all the steps of coating and place on baking rack as pictured above.
- Once all onions are coated, double back and recoat them starting with the egg wash.
- TIP: reprocess or remake the pork rind parmesan coating if it begins soggy/clumpy.
- Places double coated rings back on greased baking rack and place in 425 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Net Carbs: 4.5g
Low Carb Onion Rings
Amount Per Serving
Calories 211Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*