- 2 Cup Whole Milk Mozzarella (shredded)
- 2 Oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Gelatin
- 1 ¼ Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Xanthan Gum
- ½ Tsp Salt
Making The Pizza Dough
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave mozzarella and cream cheese for 2 ½ minutes on power level 5, or until gently melted. Stir together with a spatula so that everything melts without overheating the mixture.
- In a separate small mixing bowl with high edges, blend together 2 eggs and gelatin until foamy and gelatin is blended in. Start on low speed and then increase blender speed to help combine the egg and gelatin. This will take about a minute.
- Mix the egg-gelatin mixture into the cheese mixture with your blender on low speed. The batter may climb up your blender just like real bread would do. Work slowly and patiently, stopping to clean off your paddles and then mixing again until combined.
- Now, add coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt and blend on low speed until combined.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 15-30 minutes. This will make the dough easier to roll out.
Prepare To Roll The Pizza Dough
- Prepare a place to roll out the crust and gather your toppings.
- Gather together the following items:
- Parchment Paper, Rolling Pin, Pizza Sauce, Pizza Toppings
- Note: This is a great time to make your pizza sauce.
Rolling The Pizza Crust
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees convection)
- Place a kitchen towel on your counter and then place on a piece of parchment paper on top of the towel. The towel simply holds the parchment paper still so you can roll out your dough without the parchment paper sliding around.
- With a bread knife, cut the dough in half. Then, take one half of the dough in your hands and shape it into a circle. Place it on top of the parchment paper. Clean your hands if necessary and then place the other sheet of parchment paper on top.
- Roll out the dough to your desired crust thickness, rolling no less than ⅛ inch thick. Remove the top piece of parchment paper
- Gently roll the outer edges to create an edge roll that’s taller than the rest of the pizza. This helps to hold your toppings in when the cheese melts when you bake it. It also gives you a nice pizza crust to hold on to when you eat it.
- Transfer the crust onto the baking sheet you’ll use to bake the pizza by sliding the parchment paper right onto your baking sheet. If your parchment paper is too large, use scissors or rip off some of the extra paper so the paper isn’t going over and beyond your baking pan.
- Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- Now you are ready to top your pizzas! Top with keto-friendly ingredients such as pepperoni, sausage, bacon. We use a low carb homemade pizza sauce or things like Pesto Sauce or even Ranch Dressing for a white sauce base.
Baking Your Keto Pizza
- Once your pizza is topped to your satisfaction, place baking sheets with pizza in your preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for a few minutes. Slice and enjoy your delicious keto pizza.
Nutrition facts are for the pizza crust only and don’t include sauce or toppings because you will decide what those are!
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 28mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1mg