Topped with bacon, mushrooms, green onions, and a creamy sauce, these chicken thighs are sure to become a favorite on your keto menu.
- 4 (8 ounce) skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 green onions, white and green parts separated and sliced
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Step 2 Season chicken thighs on all sides with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Step 3 Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet or oven-safe pan over medium-high heat until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Drain and discard excess grease from skillet.
- Step 4 Return skillet to medium heat and cook chicken thighs, skin-side down, for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip chicken over and place skillet in the preheated oven.
- Step 5 Bake until chicken thighs are no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Remove all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet.
- Step 6 Return skillet to the stove over medium-high heat. Pour in chicken broth while whisking up brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in heavy whipping cream and whisk together until lightly simmering, then reduce heat to medium-low. Season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Step 7 Return chicken and any juices back into skillet; top with bacon and green onions. Serve immediately, spooning sauce over the chicken.
Per Serving: 466 calories; protein 40.5g; carbohydrates 2.4g; fat 32g; cholesterol 158.9mg; sodium 373mg.
Keto Smothered Chicken Thighs
Servings Per Recipe: 4
% Daily Value * Protein: 40.5g 81 % Carbohydrates: 2.4g 1 % Dietary Fiber: 0.7g 3 % Sugars: 0.8g Fat: 32g 49 % Saturated Fat: 11g 55 % Cholesterol: 158.9mg 53 % Vitamin A Iu: 828.1IU 17 % Niacin Equivalents: 17mg 131 % Vitamin B6: 0.4mg 22 %Vitamin C: 2.5mg 4 % Folate: 19.8mcg 5 % Calcium: 34.7mg 4 % Iron: 2.6mg 15 % Magnesium: 38.1mg 14 % Potassium: 444.8mg 13 % Sodium: 373mg 15 % Thiamin: 0.2mg 19 % Calories From Fat: 288