Everyone loves this keto Mexican ground beef casserole recipe! Make it with simple ingredients and pile it high with toppings.
If you’re looking for a one-dish low carb Mexican dinner for Taco Tuesday (or any day!), this keto ground beef casserole recipe is a sure win to add to your rotation. It’s very similar to my Crock-Pot taco casserole, but is made in the oven. It makes a delicious and filling meal with all the taco flavors everyone loves, loaded with veggies and protein… you won’t even miss the carbs! 😉
I love keto ground beef casserole recipes like this one, because they are easy to make and the whole meal is in one dish. (Actually, that’s most keto casserole recipes!) And if you take advantage of keto meal planning like I do, this Mexican ground beef casserole is excellent for prepping ahead or even freezing for later.
WHAT’S IN GROUND BEEF KETO CASSEROLE?
There are all kinds of keto ground beef casserole recipes, but this one is packed with Mexican flavors.
Mexican casserole recipes will vary on ingredients as well. This low carb Mexican casserole with ground beef is made with a veggie layer, meat layer, and cheese layer. Here are the ingredients found in this easy keto ground beef casserole:
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 4 cups Cooked cauliflower rice
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 10-oz can Diced tomatoes with green chilies (drained very well)
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 2 large Bell peppers (diced)
- 1/2 large Onion (diced)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 2 lb Ground beef
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Taco seasoning
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend (shredded)
- Tomatoes (diced)
- Jalapenos (sliced)
- Avocados (sliced)
- Fresh cilantro (chopped)
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- In a skillet, cook cauliflower rice like this, with 1 tablespoon (14.79 ml) avocado oil and 1/2 tsp (2.46 g) sea salt.
- Stir in the drained diced tomatoes with green chiles. Transfer the mixture to the bottom of a 9×13 glass casserole dish. Set aside.
- Wipe down the skillet to remove any cauliflower pieces. Heat another tablespoon of oil over medium heat, then add the bell peppers and onions. Saute for 10-15 minutes, until soft and starting to brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the vegetables over the cauliflower rice in the casserole dish. Spread sour cream evenly on top with a spatula. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
- Add the ground beef to the pan and increase heat to medium-high. Cook for about 10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula, until browned.
- Add the water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2-5 minutes, until it thickens and taco meat forms.
- Spread the beef mixture evenly over the casserole dish. Sprinkle with shredded Mexican cheese on top.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
Serving size: 1/9 entire casserole, or approximately 1.5-2 cups
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.