PREP: 5 minutes
COOK: 40 minutes
TOTAL: 45 minutes
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
- 10 medium Roma tomato (cut into 1″ cubes)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 cup Chicken bone broth (or any chicken broth)
- 1 tbsp Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream (or coconut cream for paleo)
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil (cut into ribbons)
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil and grease lightly.
- Toss the tomato chunks with olive oil and minced garlic. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until the skin on the tomatoes puckers.
- Transfer the tomato chunks into a blender (including garlic and liquid in the pan) and puree until smooth. (This works best with a high power blender. You can try batches with a regular blender. Alternatively, use an immersion blender right in the pot you’ll be using.)
- Pour the tomato puree into a pot over medium heat. Add broth. Season with Herbs de Provence, sea salt and black pepper to taste. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and basil.
Serving size: 1 cup
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.