Keto lemon jam
Prep time 1minute
Cooking time 0minutes
- 6 medium lemons (approximately 1 kilo, 35 oz)
- 6 tablespoons monk fruit or stevia blend sweetener
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 30g (1 oz) grass-fed beef gelatin powder or granulated version
- 300 ml (10 fl oz) mineral water (you can use filtered tap water)
- A night before wash the lemons, dry them and freeze them
- When the lemons are frozen they will keep all the vitamins and they will be easier to peel using a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife. Peel them unless you don’t mind the bitter aftertaste. You can also just grate some of the lemon zest and use to your liking.
- Add gelatine, salt and sweetener to the water and mix well. Heat it till the gelatine melts but don’t let it boil. Set it aside.
- Cut the frozen lemons into small cubes and blend them in a blender or a food processor.
- In a large ceramic bowl (don’t use metallic this time) mix the lemon paste with gelatine mixture.
- Transfer the jam in clean glass jars and seal well. The jam will need some time to get firm and thick so keep it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before using.
- We calculated the nutrition label based on 4 tablespoons of jam per portion. This amount of lemons and water will give you aproximately 1 kilogram (35 oz) of jam after peeling the lemon and adding the gelatine mixture.
Nutrition Facts Servings: 15 Amount per serving Calories 15 % Daily Value* Total Fat 0.1g 0% Saturated Fat Og 0% Cholesterol Omg 0% Sodium 65mg 3% Total Carbohydrate 2.2g 1% Dietary Fiber 0.7g 2% Total Sugars 0.6g Protein 2.5g Vitamin D Omcg 0% Calcium 6mg 0% Iron Omg 1% Potassium 33mg 1% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.