This creamy, comforting Keto Italian Sausage Soup is loaded with meat, vegetables and cheese! Each generous serving has about 8 net carbs, making it the perfect low carb dinner.
- pounds ground Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (32 ounce) carton beef broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- Heat a large stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Brown the Italian sausage, breaking it up as you go. Grain off any grease.
- Add the garlic, peppers and onion. Sauté 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add the drained fire roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, and broth.
- Stir in the cream cheese and heavy cream. Reduce the heat to medium low and stir until the cream cheese is completely incorporated.
- Stir in the kale and allow the soup to simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in the parmesan just before serving.
Leave a Reply