These keto enchiladas are a low carb twist on the classic Mexican dish! Tortillas filled with grilled chicken, vegetables, cheese, keto enchilada sauce, and baked with even more cheese!
For the enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce passata
- 1/2 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
For the filling
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 4 small chicken breasts chopped
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 6 large low carb tortillas homemade or store bought
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease a large baking tray and set aside.
- Place all your enchilada sauce ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend well, until smooth. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Place large pot or saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil and once hot, add the diced onions and peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the onions are golden. Add the diced chicken and taco seasoning and mix well. Cook for 8-10 minutes, while stirring regularly, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Start assembling the enchiladas. Place a single tortilla onto a plate. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce, or enough to cover the tortilla. Add some of the chicken filling into the center, followed by a few tablespoons of shredded cheese. Fold either together and use a toothpick to hold it in place. Place the filled tortilla into the baking dish. Repeat until all the tortillas are filled.
- Cover the tortillas with any remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Remove the toothpicks and serve immediately.
TO STORE: Enchiladas can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days.
TO FREEZE: Remove the enchiladas from the baking dish and place them in a shallow container. Store the container in the freezer for up to 6 months.
REHEATING: Enchiladas are best reheated in a preheated oven until the cheese is warm and the edges of the tortillas are crispy. You can reheat from frozen.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 17g | Sodium: 1543mg | Potassium: 880mg | Fiber: 8g | Vitamin A: 1605IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 171mg | Iron: 2mg | NET CARBS: 3g
Leave a Reply