Easy to make chicken recipe stuffed with asparagus, cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes.4.73 from 154 votes Print Pin RateCourse: Main CourseCuisine: American Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 30 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4 Calories: 277kcal Author:
- ▢4 Skinless boneless chicken breasts about 1 1/2 lb.
- ▢1 Tsp Italian seasoning mix
- ▢1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- ▢1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- ▢Sea salt and pepper
- ▢12 Asparagus stalks end trimmed
- ▢1 oz Sun-dried Tomatoes chopped
- ▢4 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- ▢1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Place the chicken on a clean chopping board and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Start cutting each one lengthwise to create the pockets. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Add 3 sprigs of asparagus and a couple of pieces of sun-dried tomatoes to a mozzarella slice, then roll it to hold them inside. Stuff the chicken breasts with it.
- Close the pocket with a toothpick. Heat oil in a large and cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the chicken and sear it until nicely golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes, or until it is cooked through and no longer pink in the inside. Enjoy!
- Cheese: you may sub the Mozzarella cheese with another cheese like provolone.
- Asparagus: Use another veggie like broccoli
- Oil: any oil of choice will work
Nutritional facts:Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 328mg | Potassium: 800mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 895IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 2.3mg
Leave a Reply