Easy Keto Chocolate Mug Cake!
With just over 5 minutes and a few ingredients, you can have a fudgy, chocolatey low carb mug cake made from start to finish.
This easy keto chocolate mug cake uses a handful of ingredients and is made with a couple of simple steps.
yield: 1 MUG CAKE, 2 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 1 MINUTE
total time: 6 MINUTES
With just over 5 minutes and a few ingredients, you can have a fudgy, chocolatey low carb mug cake made from start to finish. It’s perfect for when those occasional emergency chocolate cravings hit, and it’s gluten-free and sugar-free too.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free sweetener (we used Swerve or Lakanto)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Place butter and sweetener in a large microwaveable mug cake (10-14 oz.) or ramekin. Heat in the microwave until butter is melted, approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the egg and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder, then stir again.
- Microwave for 40-60 seconds or until risen and firm on the top. The time may vary depending on the size and shape of your mug. I recommend starting with the lowest time and adding more time if needed.
- Serve warm with keto ice cream, keto whipped cream, or your favorite keto frosting.
- You can use your sweetener of choice.
- Use dairy-free butter to keep this keto mug cake dairy-free.
- Divide the batter into two smaller ramekins to make two keto mug cakes.
YIELD: 2 SERVING SIZE: 1 mug cake
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 257TOTAL FAT: 18gSATURATED FAT: 8gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 8gCHOLESTEROL: 124mgSODIUM: 189mgCARBOHYDRATES: 8.5gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 4gFIBER: 4.5gSUGAR: 7gPROTEIN: 6g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.