Vegan Twix Cookies
Just like your favorite candy bar but made with whole-food ingredients, these Vegan Twix Cookies are the perfect afternoon treat or healthier dessert!
PREP TIME 10minutes mins
COOK TIME 8minutes mins
SET TIME 15minutes mins
TOTAL TIME 33minutes mins
COURSE Dessert, Snack
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted oil coconut or avocado
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate
- pinch of flakey sea salt
Making The Caramel:
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the peanut butter, maple syrup and plant-based milk.
- Microwave the ingredients in 30 second increments until the ingredients start to warm, whisking in-between increments.
- Once the peanut butter, maple syrup and plant-based milk are warm, continue to whisk until the mixture comes together and creates a silky smooth texture.
- Once the caramel is silky smooth, set it aside while you make the cookies.
Making The Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond flour, maple syrup, and oil.
- Using your hands, divide the batter into 8 equal parts, roll them into balls and place them on the parchment paper.
- Again, using your hands, flatten the cookie dough balls out until they are about 1 1/2-2 inches wide. You can ‘clean up’ the outsides of the cookies up to make them look more uniform by running your fingers around the perimeter and lightly pushing the dough back together.
- Once flattened, bake the cookies for 8 minutes. The cookies will appear soft when done but they will continue to firm up out of the oven.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 15 minutes before moving onto to the next step.
Topping The Cookies:
- Once the cookies have cooled, take a teaspoon of the prepared caramel sauce and dollop it in the middle of each cookie.
- Next, in a small bowl, melt your chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments until melted, making sure to stir frequently.
- Dollop a little the melted chocolate on top of the melted caramel.
- Lastly, sprinkle the flakey sea salt on top of the chocolate.
- To set up the chocolate quickly, you can place the cookies in your refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. Once the chocolate is set, eat the cookies as you please!