An easy Keto Chocolate Mousse that is smooth, velvety, and decadent.
This keto mousse recipe is egg-free, super chocolatey, and it’s rich and light like most traditional chocolate mousse recipes.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided in half
- 1 cup keto friendly chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add half the heavy whipping cream and keto friendly chocolate chips to a medium microwaveable mixing bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stir, then heat for an additional 1 minute. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm (about one hour). Remove from the fridge and whip the mousse with an electric mixer, to incorporate air.
- Add the remaining heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract to the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on high speed until the whipping cream starts to form stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped cream to the chocolate mousse and fold the whipped cream into the mousse until it’s fully incorporated and the color is consistent.
- Serve chilled with a dollop of keto whipped cream on top.
- This keto mousse will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Freeze if you’d like to enjoy as a treat similar to ice cream.
- This recipe calls for just three ingredients and it’s thick and rich like traditional chocolate mousse.
- You can cut this recipe in half, or double it, if needed