Katrin Nürnberger from Sugar Free Londoner
These moist Keto chocolate donuts will satisfy the most urgent chocolate craving. A delicious treat that’s sugar free, gluten free and low carb.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time23 mins
- ▢1 cup / 100g almond flour or ground almonds
- ▢40 g / 1.4 oz unsweetened chocolate melted (3 tbsp)
- ▢40 g / 1.4 oz butter, very soft 3 tbsp
- ▢3 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- ▢4 eggs
- ▢⅓ cup / 55 g powdered sweetener
- ▢4 tbsp heavy / double cream
- ▢1 tsp baking powder
- ▢1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Glaze
- ▢60 g / 2.1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ▢8 drops stevia or 2 tsp powdered erythritol
- Preheat your oven to 175 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit
- In a bowl or a food processor, blend the very soft butter, cream and sweetener. Then add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well-combined. Last, add the melted unsweetened chocolate, cocoa powder, almond flour and baking powder. Blend until you have a smooth batter.
- Spoon batter into a well-greased donut pan. I used a silicone mini donut pan. Make sure you do not overfill and lose that all-important hole!
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until done.
- Melt the chocolate in a water-bath (place a smaller bowl with the chocolate inside a larger bowl which you have filled with boiling water. The heat will gently melt the chocolate). Add stevia to achieve the desired sweetness. Wait until it has cooled down a little.
- Dip the cooled donuts into the chocolate (double-dip if you want a thicker glaze) and place in the fridge until the chocolate coating has set.
My donuts had a diameter of 6 cm and weighed around 25g each. Small and perfectly formed 🙂
The nutrition is calculated per donut.
If you have a full size donut pan, you might end up with around 8 donuts. You’ll also need to increase the baking time by up to 5 minutes.
The kind of chocolate you use will impact on the amount of sweetener you need. See my thoughts about this in the post 🙂
NOTE: The glaze hardens fully. If you’re after a softer glaze, add 1 tbsp double/heavy cream.
Serving: 25gramsCalories: 122kcalTotal Carbohydrates: 4.1gProtein: 4.2gFat: 11.5gSaturated Fat: 4.9gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 0.5g