KETO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS. Made low-carb with sugar-free sweetener and almond flour. For those following a low-carb or keto diet, and/or folks who need to watch their sugar intake, these tasty cookie bars (or keto blondies) are ideal.
Grain-free and sugar-free, when you have a hankering for something sultry but you don’t want your blood sugar to shoot through the roof, these lumps of gooey delight really quench a cookie craving.
Do you have a preference, bars or cookies? The majority of the time, I’d be equally happy with either cookies or bars, but sometimes you just want something thick and buttery to sink your teeth into.
Can I Replace Almond Flour with Coconut Flour?
Because it absorbs 4 times more liquid than any other flour, I don’t recommend using coconut flour as a 1:1 replacement for almond flour in this recipe. You will need to follow an entirely different recipe in order to bake cookie bars using coconut flour.
yield: 16 COOKIE BARS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
- (not melted)1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, or ghee, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar-free sweetener, of choice
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Super Fine Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and with parchment paper, line an 8” x 8” baking pan.
- Until it gets fluffy, beat the butter in a stand mixer. Until creamy until fluffy, add the sweetener and vanilla extract and beat. With a rubber spatula, scrape the sides of the mixer. Add egg and until it gets well combined, beat.
- Add the cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt and almond flour and beat until it gets well-combined. Until evenly distributed throughout the dough, beat in the chocolate chips.
- To the parchment-lined baking pan, transfer dough and press into an even layer. On top, add more chocolate chips!
- For 20 to 25 minutes, until edges are golden brown and the bars seem firm, bake on the center rack of the preheated oven. For TWENTY minutes, I let mine go, then turn off the oven and for another FIVE minutes, let them sit in the oven. Bake for EIGHTEEN to TWENTY minutes, for gooier, under-baked bars, and for firmer bars, bake for TWENTY FIVE to THIRTY minutes.
- From the oven, remove bars and allow them to cool before slicing and serving, for at least FORTY minutes.
1 of 16
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 13g
Unsaturated Fat 0g