prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
For the brownies:
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated Swerve or Monkfruit sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond flour
For the cheesecake layer:
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3 tablespoon swerve or Monkfruit sweetener (confectioners best here instead of granulated, but granulated will work if it is all you have)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, Swerve sugar substitute, and cocoa powder until completely combined.
- Mix in the eggs, stir well.
- Add the almond flour and salt, stir well. (Mixture will be thick.)
- Spread the brownie mixture to all four corners of your baking pan, set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, add the cream cheese, swerve sugar substitute, heavy cream and vanilla extract and blend for 15 seconds, scrape down the edges and blend again.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture in lumps onto the brownie batter, and swirl.
- Both the brownie and the cheesecake layer are quite thick, they will probably not create beautiful “swirls” but the thickness does create really great layers of sweet cheesecake and fudgy brownie.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brownies are set
- Allow to cool and slice, store in the refrigerator.
- Some readers reported longer cooking times. I have made this many times and always remove from the oven around the 25-30 minute mark and my oven themometor is a true 350 degrees F. Cooking times may vary on the thickness of your brownies, cheesecake swirl, color of your pan, or if you are using convection or not.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 211TOTAL FAT: 20.7gCARBOHYDRATES: 4gFIBER: 1.6g
Serving Size if cut into 9 equal squares
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20.7g||27%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6%|
|Vitamin A16%Vitamin C0%|