MACROS PER SERVING:
• 365 Calories
• 28g of Fat
• 29g of Protein
• 2.6g of Net Carbs
- Course Dinner
|Serves 6 servings||Prep Time 30 minutes||Cook Time 25 minutes|
- 20 oz. chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli (we used frozen)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 oz. pork rinds
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. If you’re using fresh broccoli, set it to steam or boil for a few minutes to get it softer a bit quicker. We used frozen broccoli for this recipe and it turned out great without any precooking.
- If you haven’t shredded your chicken, simply cook the chicken breasts in an oiled pan and use 2 forks to pull the chicken apart into more bite sized pieces.
3. In a deep mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, frozen broccoli florets, olive oil and sour cream. Mix to combine thoroughly.
4. Place your chicken and broccoli into a greased 8×11 inch baking dish. Spread them into an even layer, pressing firmly. The casserole should be slightly packed.
5. Drizzle heavy cream over the entire layer. Add your seasonings of choice in this step as well. Salt, pepper, paprika and oregano will work very well for this recipe.
6. Add a cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the top of your casserole all the way up to the edges.
7. Into a ziploc bag, add 1 oz. of pork rinds and crush them with either your hands or a rolling pin. Add these crushed pork rinds over the shredded cheese for a crispy casserole top.
8. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. The entire casserole should be bubbling slightly and the edges brown. Serve with a side of marinara sauce and enjoy!