Prep Time12 minsCook Time15 minsTotal Time27 mins
Keto Cashew Chicken – a low carb & paleo friendly recipe with all the delicious flavors of the Chinese restaurant takeout dish. This healthy Whole30 one pan meal comes together in less than 30 minutes & is perfect for busy weeknights.Course: Main CourseCuisine: AsianKeyword: Asian chicken recipe, asian take out copycat recipe, cashew chicken, chinese takeout, keto, low carb, whole30Servings: servingsCalories: 385 kcal.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs , cut into 1″ chunks (can also use chicken breasts)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt , or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper , or to taste
- 1.5 tablespoons avocado oil , for frying
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper , cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- toasted sesame seeds , for garish
- chopped green onions , for garnish
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 6 tablespoons bone broth , OR compliant chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon Red Boat fish sauce , (leave out if preferred but adds so much umami flavor)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum , (optional – to thicken sauce)
- Season chicken with salt, pepper.. Allow to sit while you make the bowl.
- To make the sauce and marinade, whisk together the broth, aminos, sesame oil, vinegar, five spice powder, chili flakes. Toss chicken with 1/2 tablespoon of the sauce. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Add avocado oil to a hot wok or pan. Sear the chicken until brown then transfer to a plate.
- Add a little bit more avocado oil then add broccoli and bell peppers. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Stir in the remainder of the sauce and the cashews. Sprinkle in xanthan gum, if you want a thicker sauce.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the pan until heated through. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and green onions and serve over cauliflower rice or lettuce wraps.
Nutrition FactsKeto Cashew ChickenAmount Per Serving (1 serving)Calories 385Calories from Fat 261% Daily Value*Fat 29g45%Carbohydrates 6g2%Fiber 1g4%Sugar 1g1%Protein 22g44%*
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy using the WPRM recipe calculator. It is best to make your own calculations to ensure accuracy. We expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet