This keto carrot cake is so moist and fluffy, you won’t believe it is low carb! Made with simple ingredients, it’s an easy dessert that is sure to impress!
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powderr
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sweetener of choice I used keto brown sugar, but erythritol or granulated monkfruit sweetener can be used
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oil I used canola oil but any neutral flavored oil can be used.
- 2 cups carrots shredded, approximately 3 large ones
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup apple shredded, approximately 1 large apple * See notes
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1-2 cups cream cheese frosting
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease two 8-inch cake pans with cooking spray and lightly dust it with almond flour.
In a large mixing bowl, combine your almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, and mix well. In a separate bowl, using a stick mixer, beat together the eggs and sweetener until smooth and almost double in size. Add in the vanilla extract. In a third bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients, until combined.
Fold through the dry ingredients into the egg/sweetener/vanilla mixture, until just combined. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
Distribute the cake batter amongst the two cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out mostly clean.
Let the cakes cool for 10 minutes, before carefully turning them on to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, layer and frost, before letting it sit for 30 minutes, before serving.
TO STORE: The cake should be stored in the refrigerator, covered, to ensure it does not become soggy in the middle and dry around the sides. The cake will keep fresh for up to 1 week.
TO FREEZE: Place slices of the carrot cake in a sealable container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 4mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 150IU | NET CARBS: 3g
Leave a Reply