If your looking for keto breakfast ideas then you gotta try my low carb version of Starbucks egg bites with bacon and cheese. Just mix everything in the blender and bake in the oven for some tasty keto breakfast on the go.This recipe is Budget, Gluten Free, Keto/Low Carb with main ingredient Pork
Easy Keto Breakfast Ideas
This could be the easiest keto egg recipe because all of the work is done by the blender and it’s the perfect to take to work or school. It’s low carb, full of cheese, and bacon, and all you need is a blender for this keto breakfast recipe.
You can add low carb veggies to these keto egg muffins. Just make sure to cook them first so they don’t release too much water in the egg bites. Green peppers, a little onions, and zucchini would all be low carb veggies. Just make sure to season and cook them a few minutes in a hot pan. Make sure to check out my keto breakfast Mc’Muffin sandwiches too – they are part of my breakfast meal prep and are paired with coconut chia seed pudding.
I wanted this keto breakfast idea to be a knockoff of the Starbucks sous vide egg bites, which is why I even saved the container that they come in! The keto egg bites are way cheaper than Starbucks and honestly taste better. All you need is a blender and an oven for this keto breakfast recipe. It could not be any easier.
Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites
Give this copycat Starbucks egg bites recipe a chance and I know you will love them. They are low carb, keto friendly, and extremely easy to make. Starbucks makes the egg bites in an actual sous vide machine, but I realize that not everyone has one.
The way I worked around that is by creating a moist and humid environment in the oven. Fill a large baking dish halfway with water and place that on the bottom rack. The steam will help the egg bites cook gentle and make them soft and custard like.
Egg Recipes For Breakfast
The best part about the breakfast recipe for eggs is that it’s easy to make and portable. So Imagine making these bites ahead of time and just grabbing them on the go to work or school. You can reheat the egg bites in the microwave or oven, and it’s just a great egg recipe to have in your rotation.
Many people have asked me if you can make this recipe with egg whites, and the answer is yes! Feel free to add and veggies or toppings to this recipe. Just make sure you cook raw veggies first. Otherwise they have too much water.
COURSE: BREAKFAST CUISINE: AMERICAN KEYWORD: BREAKFAST, EGGS, KETO, STARBUCKS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES SERVINGS: EGG BITES CALORIES: 137 KCAL AUTHOR: BOBBY PARRISH
These egg bites are an easy DIY version of Starbucks, except they are much better and cheaper. These egg bites are perfect for the keto diet and meal prep for the week.
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup of shredded gruyere or swiss cheese
- ¼ cup full fat cottage cheese or cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Couple cracks of fresh black pepper
- 2-3 thick slices of sugar free bacon sugar free bacon
- Make sure to cook the slices of bacon before making the egg bites. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F and place a baking dish that is filled with 1 inch of water on the bottom rack. This will create a humid environment and help the eggs cook evenly. Add the eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper to a blender and blend on high for 20 seconds until light and frothy. Spray a muffin tin with a little non-stick spray and fill the tins almost all the way to the top with the egg mixture. Divide the chopped bacon equally among all of the muffin tins and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the center of the egg bites are just set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then use a spatula or fork to carefully remove them from the muffin tin. Enjoy!
- Store the egg bites in the fridge for 3 days or freeze for 2-3 months. Reheat in microwave or warm oven.
Macros per egg bite, recipe makes 6:
0.6 grams of net carbs
9.9 grams of fat
11.1 grams of protein
Nutrition Facts Keto Starbucks Egg Bites Amount Per Serving (1 egg bite)Calories 137Calories from Fat 89% Daily Value*Fat 9.9g15%Carbohydrates 0.6g0%Protein 11.1g22%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply