Prep Time5 minsCook Time20 minsTotal Time25 minsAuthor:JulianneCourse:BreakfastCalories:218Servings:
For the Scones
- ▢2 cups Almond Flour
- ▢⅔ cup fresh blueberries
- ▢⅓ cup Swerve Confectioners
- ▢½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ▢¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ▢¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ▢1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ▢1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ▢1 large egg
For the Glaze
- ▢¼ cup Swerve confectioners
- ▢1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ▢1-2 teaspoons heavy cream, or as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with Parchment Paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, Swerve (or erythritol), baking powder, and sea salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, lemon zest, vanilla, and egg.
- Stir the wet mixture into the almond flour mixture, pressing with a spoon or spatula, until a uniform dough forms. The dough should be pliable and dense, but not crumbly add a little more butter, a teaspoon at a time, if it’s too dry. Stir and press the blueberries into the dough.
- Place the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and form a disc shape, about 1 inch thick and 6 inches in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges, like a pie or pizza. Move the pieces about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until golden. Mine took exactly 20 minutes. Cool completely on the pan to firm up. Scones will fall apart if you move them before cooling.
- Mix the ¼ cup of Swerve, lemon juice and start with 1 teaspoon of the heavy cream, adding more as needed to get the right consistency for the glaze. Drizzle over the tops and serve.
Nutrition FactsKeto Blueberry Lemon Scones (Gluten-Free)Amount Per ServingCalories 218Calories from Fat 153% Daily Value*Fat 17g26%Saturated Fat 5g31%Carbohydrates 8g3%Fiber 3g13%Sugar 2g2%Protein 7g14%