This dreamy keto black forest cake recipe is made sheet cake style, for a delicious and easy low carb dessert. All the delicious flavor with a fraction of the carbs.
Course: DessertCuisine: AmericanKeyword: black forest sheet cake, keto black forest cake Prep Time: 25 minutesCook Time: 25 minutesTotal Time: 50 minutes Servings: 20 servings Calories: 229kcal
- ¾ cup pitted fresh cherries, chopped
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- ¾ teaspoon cherry extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- ⅔ cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup unflavored whey protein powder (can sub egg white powder)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ to ¾ cup water
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1 ½ teaspoon cherry extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh cherries (whole or halved)
- Sugar-free chocolate sprinkles
- Shaved dark chocolate
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the cherries, raspberries, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the berries can be easily mashed with a fork, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the powdered sweetener and the cherry extract. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a 15 by 10 inch jelly roll pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment and grease the parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the eggs, butter, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Stir in ½ cup water until well combined. If the batter is overly thick, stir in more water 1 tablespoon at a time. The batter should be spreadable but not quite pourable.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan, and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until the top is firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely in the pan.
- Once cool, spread the cherry filling evenly over the top of the cake, spreading out the cherry bits as evenly as possible.
Whipped Cream Frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the cream, sweetener, cherry extract and vanilla extract. Beat until the cream holds stiff peaks.
- Spread about ¾ of the whipped cream over the cake, as evenly as possible. Use the remaining cream to pipe rosettes decoratively on the top of the cake.
Nutrition FactsKeto Black Forest
CakeAmount Per Serving (1 serving = 1/20th of cake)Calories 229Calories from Fat 177% Daily Value*Fat 19.7g30%Carbohydrates 7.1g2%Fiber 3g12%Protein 6.1g12%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.