These keto biscuits are made with almond flour and butter and yield tender, buttery, and fluffy biscuits. A low carb version of traditional biscuits, they are perfectly served as a side dish or with some keto gravy! 2 grams net carbs per biscuit.
Whenever I am craving comforting carbs on a keto diet, my favorite recipes to make are lasagna, mac and cheese, and these low carb biscuits.
1/2 cups almond flour blanched,
- not almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon butter unsalted and chopped
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk almond, soy, coconut, etc.
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together your almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add your chopped butter and using a fork, blend into the flour mixture, until a crumbly texture remains. Add your milk, eggs, and shredded cheese (if using it) and mix until just combined.
- Drop scant 1/4 cup portions of the biscuit dough onto the lined pan, about 2-3 inches apart. Using a spoon, press the sides to form a circular shape. Bake for 12 minutes, until the tops are beginning to go golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. If desired, brush with extra melted butter on top.
If you’d like to make these dairy free and vegan, try vegan biscuits.
TO STORE: Leftover biscuits can keep at room temperature, for up to 5 days. Place the biscuits in a sealable container, and cover with several paper towels or a dishcloth. This keeps the biscuits fluffy. You can refrigerate them to keep them longer.TO FREEZE: Place cooled biscuits in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months. TO REHEAT: Biscuits are best enjoyed warm, so zap them in the microwave for 30 seconds or in a preheated oven for 5 minutes.
Serving: 1Biscuit | Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 18mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 166IU | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 2g