Course: DessertCuisine: American Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 1 hour 10 minutesTotal Time: 1 hour 20 minutes Servings: 12 Slices Calories: 204kcal
- 8 inch pie crust of choice * See notes
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream can use full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sweetener of choice blended ** See notes
- 2 tablespoon almond flour blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup blueberries
For the blueberry topping
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F. Prepare an 8-inch springform pan with the crust of choice. Line with paper for easy removal.
- Using a stand mixer, very lightly beat your softened cream cheese until smooth. Do not overbeat, otherwise the cheesecake will crack. Add the flour, vanilla extract, sour cream, and sugar and until just combined. Add the eggs one at a time, and stop beating once smooth. Once smooth, fold through the blueberries using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the cheesecake filling into the pie crust and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until the tops are set and the filling slightly jiggles when touched.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool completely, before refrigerating overnight.
- Once the cheesecake is chilled, cover with the blueberry topping all over the top and refrigerate for a further 2 hours to firm up.
To make the blueberry topping
- Toss the blueberries in the cornflour. Place in a small saucepan with the water. Heat until the mixture starts bubbling and thickens.
* I used an almond flour pie crust written out in the post. ** Place erythritol or monk fruit sweetener in a blender and pulse several times, to produce a superfine texture.TO STORE: Blueberry cheesecake must always be stored in the refrigerator, as it contains dairy and softens at room temperature. Keep it covered, completely, or in a sealable container. Cheesecake will remain fresh for up to 1 week.TO FREEZE: Place slicers of cheesecake in a sealable container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw at room temperature for several hours, before serving.
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 108mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 703IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 3g