Course: SnackCuisine: Canadian Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes Servings: 8 people Calories: 325kcal
For Garlic Fingers
- ▢pizza dough*
- ▢1/2 pkg bacon (it’s rarely a one pound package any more, but even a little smaller is fine)
- ▢8 oz mozzarella cheese (225 grams, or half a large package)
- ▢5 cloves garlic
- ▢1/4 cup butter (melted)
For Donair Sauce
- ▢1 can evaporated milk VERY cold
- ▢1.5 cups sugar
- ▢6 tsp vinegar
- ▢1.5 tsp garlic powder
For Garlic Fingers
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. If you’re using a single sheet pan make sure your rack is in the centre of the oven. If you’re using two pizza pans, make sure there isn’t a rack too close to the bottom of the oven – that both racks are in the middle.
- Cook bacon using whatever method you prefer. I like to use the microwave because it’s very hands-off and not messy, and I can do the other steps while it’s cooking. Once it’s cooked, drain on paper towel and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Shred mozzarella cheese.
- Mince garlic and mix into melted butter.
- Spread pizza dough onto 2 oiled pizza pans or one oiled sheet pan. Brush with garlic butter. Sprinkle with chopped bacon. Cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven, until bottom of dough is lightly browned. For a single pan this will probably take 12-14 minutes depending on the thickness of your crust. For two pizza pans, rotate them half way through so each spends some time on the bottom, and bake for 12-14 minutes (again, depending on thickness of crust).
For Donair Sauce**
- While garlic fingers are cooking, make the donair sauce. Use a hand mixer to whip evaporated milk until it’s light and fluffy.
- While whipping the milk, gradually add sugar, vinegar and garlic powder. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated and the sauce isn’t grainy – probably 2-3 minutes in total.
- When garlic fingers are cooked, cut them into long fingers, and serve hot with donair sauce. Enjoy! 🙂
* You can use one of our pizza dough recipes (recommended) and each recipe makes two 12-inch pizza, or one sheet pan pizza. If you use your own dough or store bought dough, either buy enough dough for two pizzas or cut the rest of the recipe in half.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 29mg | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 0.2mg