Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
2 hrs 50 mins
about 2 ½ dozen
- ½ cup warm water (100°F to 110°F)
- 1 (¼-oz.) pkg. active dry yeast (2 ¼ tsp.)
- 1 teaspoon plus 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons table salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup cold salted butter, cubed
- ½ cup shortening, cubed
- 2 cups whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup butter, melted and divided
- Step 1Stir together warm water, yeast, and 1 teaspoon of the sugar in a small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Step 2Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl; cut cold butter and shortening into flour mixture with a pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly. Add yeast mixture and buttermilk to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; chill at least 2 hours or up to 5 days.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 400°F. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 or 4 times. Gently roll into a ½-inch-thick circle, and fold in half; repeat. Gently roll to 1⁄2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch round cutter. Reroll remaining scraps, and cut with cutter. Place rounds with sides touching in a 10- or 12-inch cast-iron skillet or on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. (If using a 10-inch skillet, place remaining biscuits on a baking sheet.) Brush biscuits with 2 Tbsp. of the melted butter.
- Step 4Bake in preheated oven until golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Brush with remaining melted butter, and serve.
- Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE