These healthy No Bake Carrot Cake Breakfast Bars are packed with protein and a well-rounded meal to kickstart your day! Thick, chewy and with a fudgy texture, these breakfast bars are naturally gluten free, vegan, dairy free, refined sugar free, keto, paleo and grain free
Course: BreakfastCuisine: American Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 5 minutes Servings: 9 Bars Calories: 235kcal
For the bars
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon grated carrots
- 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup See post for substitutions
- 1/2 cup almond butter can sub for any nut or seed butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk of choice *
For the high protein frosting
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder see tested recommendations under ‘shop’
- 1-2 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice optional
- 1-2 tablespoon cashew butter optional
- 1-2 tablespoon Milk of choice to form batter
For the coconut butter frosting
- 1/2 cup coconut butter melted
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
For the cream cheese frosting
- 1 8 oz cream cheese of choice 250 grams, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice
- Line a 8 x 8 baking dish or loaf pan with parchment paper or aluminium foil and set aside- For thicker bars, use a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, protein powder, cinnamon, sea salt, granulated sweetener of choice and mix well. Add in the pumpkin puree and shredded carrots.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your almond butter with maple syrup. Whisk in the vanilla extract and pour into the dry mixture. Mix very well until fully incorporated.
- For a more soft and fudgy carrot cake bar, add milk of choice until a relatively thick batter is formed. For a firm and chewy bar, add milk of choice only if needed to desired thickness. Transfer to lined baking tray and press firmly in place.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes, or until firm. Once firm, add frosting of choice and refrigerate for another 30 minutes to firm up before slicing.
To make frosting/s
- Combine all ingredients and mix well until a thick frosting is formed. Cover the carrot cake bars and refrigerate for a further 10-15 minutes, for frosting to firm up. For a thick cream cheese frosting, use the full 8 oz tub. For a thinner frosting, use 1/2 to 3/4.
Adjust dairy free milk accordingly- Depending on the flour or protein powder combination, you may need more- Especially with coconut flour.Adjust accordingly- For a sweeter frosting, feel free to add more.Breakfast bars are best kept refrigerated. They are also freezer friendly too.
Serving: 1Bar | Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g | Sodium: 346mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 12g | Vitamin A: 1059IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg