Prep Time10 minsCook Time10 minsTotal Time20 mins Course:Side DishCalories:80Servings:
- ▢30 fresh asparagus spears
- ▢10 slices uncured bacon, thinly cut
- ▢2 tablespoons sugar-free apricot jam
- ▢2-3 teaspoons hot water
- Heat up your grill, while you prepare the asparagus. Wash, dry and cut the ends off your asparagus.
- In bundles of 3 spears, wrap a single piece around the bundle tightly, leaving both ends exposed. Secure gently with toothpicks.
- Once your grill is hot, grill the bundles for a few minutes on each side. Add the apricot jam to a small mixing bowl and whisk in just enough hot water to get a glaze like consistency.
- Remove the bundles and brush with with the glaze, then grill for another 2-3 minutes on each side. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Makes 10 bundles of 3 asparagus spears in each, serving size is 2 bundles.You can also make these in the oven. Place the bundles on a baking sheet with a wire rack. Bake @ 400F for 8-10 minutes, then brush the glaze over the tops and bake for another 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition FactsGrilled Bacon Wrapped AsparagusAmount Per ServingCalories 80Calories from Fat 36% Daily Value*Fat 4g6%Saturated Fat 2g13%Carbohydrates 3g1%Fiber 1g4%Protein 8g16%